Saturday, January 5, 2013

Buck-a-block December pattern

Finally attended my first buck-a-block meeting for the year (I'm pretty sure I'll miss next month's date too: something about a birthday weekend getaway).

I really enjoyed seeing other people's choices for the finishing border on the blocks.  This flying geese was inspiring!
Additionally, some out-of-the-box thinkers substituted other fabrics within their block.  I really liked some of those also, especially since the colors this year are so muted/understated.  A couple of the fabric substitutions were still very soft; I think that would allow more flexibility when it comes to selecting outer border fabrics.

But me?  Stuck with the fabrics provided, as I still have no great ideas for how this will all play out.  I'm playing the hand I've been dealt.  So unusual for me.

So here's the shop sample of this month's block center, along with a suggested border technique.

 
The pattern is "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul", taken from Judy Hopkins' 501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks (That Patchwork Place).  We are using Triangle Paper to make all the half-square triangle bits--I just love that stuff!

Got the block cut out, all ready to sew triangles on my machine.



No comments:

Post a Comment