Saturday, September 21, 2013

Buck-a-block August pattern

Finished the July pattern with a fabric from my stash--first time all year I have moved outside the provided pale, soft, muted colors.
Wild Goose Chase - July

 Although the geese kinda get lost with all the stripes here, I don't really mind.  It's different.  It's done.  Clearly, the dragonfly idea didn't get used for the center of the block.  Another month down, I'm movin' on.  (Recall that I am not exactly sure where I'm going with this project overall, so I have a bit of a "meh" attitude.)


August's pattern is "Sunny Lanes"  from Judy Hopkins' book 501 Rotary Cut Quilt Blocks (That Patchwork Place).  I like the fabrics (not shown with the pattern) because they appear to have enough contrast.
 
Sunny Lanes - August
 As I was constructing the block, I decided I liked the darker diagonal stripes swapping with the light ones (see pattern above for the difference--two vs. three diagonals of the color).  It was a relatively simple matter to rotate the half-square triangle blocks to make this happen.

Done.  Yay!  And it's almost time for September's pattern...

No comments:

Post a Comment