Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2013 in Pictures

End of 2013 saw lots of people posting a recap of their previous year's accomplishments.  Why not?  After all, one of my reasons for blogging was to take the time to appreciate and notice all the things that I was finishing.  I have a tendency to obsess over the piles of UFOs and oodles of ideas oozing out of my overactive brain (nice alliteration!).  This is my celebration: I can get things done.

Here is my stop-and-smell-the-roses moment.

Large Sewing


stack-n-whack quilt, 12(!) aprons

Small Sewing


Oakie board shorts + visor; Oakie backpack + teddy bear; 2 pair fleece pants; Santa figurine & accessories; Nancy Drew mystery cube; Eeyore sweatshirt; kitchen-aid cozy; and a quick Infinity scarf thrown in on New Year's Eve.

Mending

olive skirt hem, track pants, corduroy jeans hem, dress shirt button placket, grey trousers, Columbia jacket velcro, pajama pants elastic, flirty skirt dyed

I know I don't produce the volume of sewing that some others do, but I think this was a darn good year.  Blessings to all my fellow sewists in the year to come.

1 comment: