Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Plans for Retreat

The time is drawing near for my annual trip into the snowy woods with my quilting friends for a retreat weekend.  (Yay! Christmas in January.)

I have begun sorting and packing up things that I might work on.  I know that I always bring too much.  I have no intention of finishing everything.  I just like lots of variety, and really never know what I will have the mojo for working on.  (Hello ADD)

For sure want to finish:

The "git 'er done" pile
1.  Border for Sweetie's t-shirt quilt.  Also want to piece the backing fabric, so it can be sent off for quilting as soon as I get back.

2.  Complete the machine quilting on blue baby quilt.  Really, this is so close to done that I am almost embarrassed that I let it sit around for so long.

3.  Stuffed cat for Barnyard Quilt Along


Other projects:

A few of her favorite plays...

4.  Daughter's drama t-shirt quilt.  This is just in the beginning stages, but is tentatively intended to be my main focus for retreat.  (As if I can ever really focus.)  I have been dreaming and drooling over possibilities for design, but haven't narrowed my ideas down enough.  Have at least 2 paper-pieced sections ready to start.

5.  Decorative tissue box covers.  Pattern and fabrics all set to go.

6.  Little black dress.  (Ha-ha, really a nightgown from a knit fabric.)  Found it all cut out when I was sorting and tossing in December.  Why not finish it up?

7.  Relaxing Robin.  If I want to be ready to applique on a border in February, my design idea calls for applique with crazy-quilt pieces.

8.  Quilted teapot cozy.  Requested by Dad when he saw the Kitchen Aid cozy I made in December.
coming soon: cozy teapot!

9.  More big stitch quilting on the Barnyard Play Quilt...  Always a possibility.

Nine projects.  Yep, definitely too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment