Sunday, March 30, 2014

Guess What I Made

First clue: here's what the pattern looks like


I used freezer paper to make this pattern, then cut it out from scraps of an old skirt.


This was to be my prototype.  I had some fiddling to do to make the item fit its intended recipient--of that I was certain.

Found the pattern, a free .pdf download, on Miss P's blog.


Here is what the pattern looks like, printed out at full size (100%), and again at 60%.  That was my guess as to how much smaller I would need to make it.

Lucky guess on my part! 


I used the recommended 1/4" seam allowance.  Left the back seam unsewn, which is a good thing, because it was tricky to get that tiny fabric tube turned right-side-out.

A very stylish young man
Oakie needs an outfit for the wedding, and I just couldn't think of a penguin not wearing a bow-tie to such an event.


I got a little ahead of myself... wanted to see if Oakie would look sexy-casual with the bow-tie untied.  Started picturing him with a smoking jacket.  Meh.  Not so much.

I need to make another one of these--this time in the wedding colors!  (I have just the satin fabric.) 

And to narrow down my options for what goes with a bow-tie:
  • tuxedo jacket with tails?
  • tuxedo pants?
  • with suspenders?
  • tuxedo shirt front?
  • cummerbund?

Stay tuned.  90 days until the wedding, give or take.

No comments:

Post a Comment