Friday, June 20, 2014

Rainbow T-shirt Quilt Finished

 A finish!

Back from the long-arm quilter sooner than I expected.  (And I must say that I am now spoiled by custom quilting; I may be hard pressed to go back to all-over designs, even though my checkbook doth protest.)

Custom: each t-shirt's design carefully outlined

Binding by Linda.  THANK YOU!!!


I worked out the ideas for this quilt in September of 2012.  Finished putting together all the blocks in a crazed dash in September 2013.  Put the border on in January, then sent it off to the long-arm quilter.  I usually say I have a 3-year timeframe for quilts, so I feel positively speedy with this one. 

I had time to put the binding on during a mini-retreat at the end of May, and I was blessed by my friend Linda offering to do the hand-finishing for me.  (I owe her.  Big time.)



Just to reveal the age of some of my fabric: the binding print says "Millennium 2000" on it.  (Gee, how old does that make it?  And, let it be known that this is only one of two millennium-themed fabrics in my stash.)


Linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday, being hosted this week by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Finishes don't happen often, so I gotta go celebrate!



4 comments:

  1. That is looking good. All rainbow projects are just so cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! That one of the best t-shirt quilts I've ever seen! They're so often awkward to put together with all the different shapes and sizes.
    Good job and congrats on the 'early' finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the big finish, Alla! That quilting is such a compliment to the design. And I love the rainbow layout of those blocks! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete