Saturday, July 12, 2014

Planning for Q3

Third Quarter of 2014: July thru September.  Sounds like the same 3 months that any other quarter has in it.  What am I planning to work on/accomplish by October 1st?


1.  Finish piecing scrappy bargello wallhanging

 

Don't know why this particular project moved in and took over, but I feel compelled to work on it, even when I should be doing other things.  I think I'm almost halfway done, so maybe my attention can take a break soon and wander back to civilization.


2.  Final row of Relaxing Robin

This project will finish out at twin size; don't feel like I have much more to go.  The final border will be a checkerboard pattern.  With some pieced fish thrown in, just because I like to keep things complicated.


3.  Two more blocks for drama t-shirt quilt
One of the 17 t-shirts...

Just puttering around with this project.  I am trying to draft my own paper-piecing pattern for epaulettes, and may even tackle the vines to accompany Little Shop of Horrors.


4.  Finish rainbow bathrobe
 
January's UFO

Born in a fit of good intentions, but now languishing in the corner of the sewing room.  I hear heavy sighs from the pile of cut out fabric, and feel the faces from the pattern envelope staring at me in a threatening manner.


5.  Make three garments


Considering the year is half over, and I'm still sporting the "make a garment a month" button on the sidebar of this blog, I either need to get it in gear, or give up the dream.  Have black fabric all picked out for a cute little dress.  What's after that, I can't even guess.


6.  Practice FMQ (placemats?)

Reuse wedding table-runner: for placemats?

Jess at Elven Garden is doing a FMQ (free-motion quilting) quilt-along.  I really wanna improve this skill!  My first attempts were very disheartening, and I essentially put the foot and practice fabric all away right afterwards, but I am ready to re-enter the fray.



7.  Quilt red/pink/black baby quilt

If I get some FMQ practice in August, I'd like to get to quilting in September.  This top was finished in 2012 and has been patiently waiting for my quilting skills to improve.



8.  Make a dent in the mending pile
Mending pile: a representative sample...

Too many mending tasks to list, or even to finish in 3 months (especially given that these are not a priority).  But I'd like to get FIVE things mended.  Don't even know which five it will be...



Am I really going to accomplish everything on this list?  Probably not.  Most likely, other projects will try and assert themselves.  Maybe a UFO will even fly out of the closet and demand to be worked into my ToDo list.  I just need to have a list to refer to, and to give me motivation when I'm at a loss and feeling like I never accomplish things.

Finish Along 2014

I am linking up to Finish Along at The Littlest Thistle for this quarter.  I like knowing that I have good company in folks like me who have more ideas than time.

1 comment:

  1. You will work on this list - read it everyday at breakfast - feel the motivation and talk nice to yourself and you will be surprised at how much you rock your world these next few months. I think you have a good list here, lots of variety and things to do - even the mending is so do-able, pick one and just get it done. Ignore the rest and turn that pattern over!!! You do not need to be watched as you are working!!!! ;)
    Now, I am going to go re-read my list and ....... yup, gonna make it happen. I have things I want done by August, and the only way that is going to happen is if I make it, so..... lets get to work on making our projects complete. I enjoyed this post. It is nice to know your not the only one!!!!

    ReplyDelete