Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bright Sky Quilt Along

Grr... I bought (another) pattern.

Just when I thought I had talked myself out of leaping into sewing a new garment, and steeled myself against rashly cutting into fabric before I got around to finishing something, I went out and bought another new pattern.

This time for a quilt: Bright Sky, by Blossom Heart Quilts.

Pro's

  • The quilt pattern is sold on Craftsy by an Indie designer, so I am supporting an artist and her small business.
  • The pattern uses large-scale prints, of which I have several already in my stash (see photo for a sample).
  • The pattern uses large cuts of fabric, so will (theoretically) be quick to make.
  • There is a quilt-along going on right now, so if I choose to start, I can join in with others online (this has actually been good motivation for me in the past).

A few of my lingering as-yet-unloved fabrics

Con's

  • I have not finished last year's "leap-right-in-this-minute" sew along that I joined.
  • I also have not finished the last project that I bought the book for after seeing it online and succumbing to the "must have it now" demons whispering in my ears.
  • I don't have a recipient or intended use for this quilt.
  • The primary large-scale print that I want to use up (see top left corner of the fabric collage) has a cream background, and I am not currently enamored of the cream.
  • Stash-busting: do my large-scale prints play well together?  Even a few of them?
  • Christmas is coming, so I should be focusing on finishing some things in that direction.


Regardless of the Pro's and Con's, I bought the pattern.  It's very different from what I usually make (my norm: tiny piecing, often from scraps vs. large cuts).  It will sit in time-out until I complete something and take some deep breaths.



Meanwhile, you can check out the Quilt Along for this pattern and its associated excitement.  I'll just be finishing up some WIPs over here in the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment