Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dreaming of Sewing (again)

Found myself off into daydream-land, inspired by reading sewing blogs for several hours when I should have been doing other things.  Started out looking at Stacy Sews blog, then clicked links until I was very far from home.



Selfie: armscye fitting

Along the way, I was inspired by posts referring to Selfish Sewing Week.  Look at those fashionable silhouettes!  Drool.  I mean, I do still intend to get around to sewing some garments

Soon. 

Really, I mean it.


I have all the fabric I could ever need to get going on that.  I just need...


More patterns!

Well, ok, so maybe I don't need more patterns, but there is this one pattern I couldn't pass by:
Lane Raglan by Hey June Handmade.  I have just the fabric--already in my stash!



Not the best picture of my stashed fabric, but I really love this harlequin diamond pattern in grays on a stretchy not-quite-velour fabric.  And just to prove that the Lane Raglan pattern would look good in this fabric, Melissa Esplin posted awesome pictures of her version on her blog.  How cool is that?

Yeah, my fabric would look great, too.  Come to think of it, I also have a french terry stripe in my stash; that too would make a fabulous raglan shirt.  Ooh, and I have an amazing sweater knit that has been stashed since sometime in the 80's... 

I have a lot of knits somehow.  Oh-- maybe because I stopped sewing knit things but didn't stop collecting knit fabrics in my stash.  Funny how that equation works out.  (Well, it's more of an inequality really.)



Oy, I'm doing it again:  ready to dig in and tackle another new project, when I already have several WIPs sitting around, right-under-foot-where-I-can't-ignore-them, waiting patiently for me to get back around to working on them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment